The Indian government is moving forward for linking Aadhar with mobile SIM cards and now all the unlinked mobile phones will be stopped working after February 2018. The Centre said Aadhar mobile linking was being complete as per instructions of the Supreme Court approved in February this year in the Lokniti Foundation case.
All SIM cards must be linked with Aadhar within a year from the date of the decision, with all unlinked mobiles to be disabled after February next year, so offenders, impostors, and terrorists won’t able to use the allotted SIMs. The Centre also added that this is being achieved to stop criminals, fraudsters, and terrorists from using SIMs in the label of normal citizens. The Centre has also ordered to all telecom companies to notify their subscribers about the connecting of cell phones to Aadhaar through emails, text messages or other announcements.
Most of the companies have already started guiding alerts to their customers about Aadhaar-SIM linking procedure.
Reportedly, if the mobile customer has opted for ‘eKYC’- Aadhar based activation- by offering the biometrics while requesting for mobile connection, customers need not go through the Aadhar-SIM linking method again. Subscribers who are not chosen for ‘eKYC’, required to visit their nearby mobile company outlet and undergo few steps to complete the obligatory E-KYC process.
For Airtel Customers
- Bharti Airtel is advertising methods to complete Aadhaar-SIM linking to its pre-paid and post-paid subscribers.
- Postpaid customers need to visit nearest airtel store to complete the biometric verification, while the pre-paid customers can also link by visiting the nearest retail store.
- The company stated the final date for the linking process which is February 6, 2018, on its website.
- Aadhar card or the number and mobile are the simply needed documents essential for the procedure.
- Customers will have to undergo whole biometric confirmation.
- Subscribers will obtain an OTP as a verification code to successfully complete the linking process.
For Idea Aadhar
- Visit the nearby Idea store with your mobile & Aadhar number.
- The Idea store employee will provide a four-digit verification code on your mobile from the re-verification request.
- The customer then provided with the verification code which needs to give to the Idea store executive and make available your biometrics.
- The customer will finally receive a validation SMS after 24 hours, simply reply ‘Y’ to complete the EKYC procedure.
- Copy of Aadhar Card of SIM Card Owner & Its Number
- Switched ON Mobile with SIM Card
- Fingerprint for the biometric authentication
What’s The Charge For This Linking Process?
Right now it is available at no cost. All the Linking process has to be done through offline mode and no any online verification is going. It is advised to avoid any such traps where you asked to provide your any important details.
We hope this article has helped in providing the details for linking Aadhar Card with Your Mobile Number. In case, if you have any query, do leave us a comment.